Oregano - The Mediterranean Spice Warrior
Oregano is an aromatic herb that’s best known as an ingredient in Italian food. However, as an essential oil it contains antioxidants and powerful compounds that have proven to be very beneficial to your health.
Oregano essential oil appears to be effective when consumed or applied to the skin. Interestingly, it has purifying and cleansing properties and can help you lose weight and help maintain healthy cholesterol levels.
Its aroma is earthy, slightly bitter, pungent, and minty.
Oregano has been popular ever since the Greeks and Romans used it for medical purposes in ancient times. In fact, the name “oregano” originates from the Greek words “oros,” meaning mountain, and “ganos,” meaning joy or delight. Oregano oil is made by air-drying the leaves and shoots of an oregano plant. Once they are dried, the oil is then extracted and concentrated by steam distillation.
Here are some benefits of Oregano Oil:
- It supports the immune system very powerfully
- Maintains healthy cholesterol levels
- Powerful antioxidant
- May improve gut health
- Supports joint function
- For seasonal and environmental threats
- Can help with weight loss plan
Oregano oil is also a handy all-purpose cleaner.
Put 10 drops of Oregano essential oil into a 16-ounce spray bottle with water. You may add lemon, tea tree or wild orange essential oils to make the aroma even more pleasant.
Due to its amazing chemistry, it is a powerful cleansing and purifying substance. This simple spray is great for surfaces and countertops.
How to use Oregano oil:
- Apply to the skin– Dilute with a carrier oil at a concentration of 1 teaspoon of carrier oil per drop of oregano oil, then apply to the affected area. Be careful with sensitive skin. It is a very hot oil and requires dilution.
- Drop under the tongue– Dilute the oregano oil with a carrier oil at a ratio of one drop of oregano oil to one drop of olive oil. Add 1–3 drops of this under the tongue, hold it there for a few minutes, then rinse with water.
- Swallow– If you want to take the oregano oil orally, you can put a drop of it into a cup of water, gargle and then swallow. Putting 3-4 drops in a veggie capsule with added olive oil is the best way to use it internally.
- Diffuse and inhale– Add one to two drops or oregano oil into a diffuser of your choice. This can boost your immune system.
- Massage– Rub it with a carrier oil on the stomach and/ or lower back in a clockwise motion for a few minutes. It can relieve muscle aches and discomfort.D
Oregano oil is also very beneficial when it comes to cosmetics. It can reduce the look of aging and brighten the complexion, and is excellent for mild acne. The reason why oregano is recommended to relieve skin discomfort, is because of its purifying and cleansing properties.
Oregano essential oil is so versatile in its uses. Overall, it appears to have tremendous health benefits and may be useful to relieve discomfort and support health.
To purchase Oregano and save 25%, plus get savings of 55% for future purchases and qualify for additional free products, click on the button/link below. This link gives you a list of these products with the opportunity to purchase at a discount and to start enjoying these products. I also suggest the Healthy Start kit added to your initial purchase which waives you the $35 fee. Like at Costco, there is a small fee to shop at a discounted price, but when you start with a kit, that fee is waived. With this initial order and any other future orders you will get a substantial discount for these products which I and many others around the world believe are the highest quality and most effective. You can also contact me if you have questions.