10 Uses of Celery Seed Essential Oil
Did you know that while most people are familiar with celery as a snack or an ingredient in recipes, it also yields a potent essential oil? Because of its cleansing effects, many people also love taking celery seed internally as part of a body cleanse.
Celery has been employed extensively in Indian Ayurvedic procedures since the Chinese first used it in the fifth century. Celery from local farmers markets does not resemble celery from conventionally farmed grocery stores. The celery plant is bright green, up to three feet tall, and brimming with life.
Celery smells powerful, complex, sweet, and peppery. The plant needs two years to reach full maturity before it can start to bear its tiny, tan to brown fruit. Essential oil is primarily stored in the seeds. The primary component, limonene, places celery seed oil on par with fir needle and citrus peel oils for their energizing effects. One of the many advantages of celery seed essential oil is that it can help with digestive issues. Experimental research indicates that when taken internally, celery seed oil may help with joint pain and muscles soreness. Celery seed oil also has a calming, relaxing, and positive atmosphere-creating effect.
Limonene is the primary chemical found in celery seeds. Citrus oils, black pepper, and spearmint all contain limonene. Although it is considered to be a powerful surface cleanser, it may also have internal advantages, such as calming the digestive system.
- The first mention of celery in English was in 1664 and spelled ‘sellery’.
- A bouquet of celery was given to winners of athletic games in Ancient Greece.
Celery Seed Uses and Benefits
- Celery Seed oil can be used for smoothie recipes. When you’re hungry, it’s a great and healthful snack to reach for.
- Diffusing celery seed is also very beneficial. You may fill your surroundings with a sweet, earthy aroma with just a few drops. Anywhere in your house can benefit from its peaceful aroma.
- You can incorporate celery seed, which is potent and hot, into your preferred salad dressing recipe. It will not only add a burst of flavor but also have amazing interior advantages. Start with a toothpick swirl and gradually increase the amount of essential oil.
- Celery Seed is one of many essential oils that can elevate a simple bath. Fill your bath with Epsom salts and three or four drops of essential oil.
- Combine with TerraShield and apply before heading outdoors for the most ultimate insect repellent experience.
- Gently massage onto the abdominal area for occasional stomach pain.
- Take daily to support healthy blood pressure.
- Add to your inflammation roller blend together with Lavender and Deep Blue.
- Apply to abdomen during monthly cycle to help ease fatigue and nausea.
- Blend with Fractionated Coconut oil for a soothing massage.
Consider adding essential oils like celery seed, lemon, or ginger to your fresh juices. Lacking a juicer? With a blender, some filtered water, and cheese cloth for straining, you can still indulge in this delectable health fad!
- 2-3 Granny smith apples
- 1 Cucumber
- 4 Celery sticks
- 3 Kale leaves
- 1 Lemon
- 2 drops Celery Seed essential Oil
- 2 drops Lemon essential oil