The Invigorating and Purifying Power of Lemon Essential Oil
Lemon Essential Oil has a variety of uses and benefits. With a clean, fresh, citrus aroma, Lemon is known for its purifying properties. Often used in cleaning products and air purifiers, this essential oil has distinct cleansing and deodorizing characteristics that make it a popular choice for cleaning surfaces and purifying the air. As a versatile oil, it also has the ability to aid in digestion and support healthy respiratory function when taken internally. When you buy essential oils, it is important to ensure that you are receiving a high quality, pure, and potent product, especially if you intend to use it internally. Whether it is being diffused, taken internally, or applied topically, Lemon essential oil offers a variety of benefits.
Top 10 Uses and Benefits
1. Add a couple of drops of Lemon essential oil to your water for a refreshing taste or as an alternative to sodas and sugary drinks. This essential oil can also naturally cleanse the body and aid in digestion when taken internally.
2. You can give your soap a little extra cleaning power to get rid of any greasy residue by adding a few drops of Lemon essential oil to your soap mixture.
3. Lemon essential oil can help exfoliate your skin. It can help brighten your complexion when you incorporate it into your skincare routine. You can combine 4–5 drops of Lemon essential oil to a small amount of oatmeal and water to make a scrub.
4. Diffusing Lemon essential oil promotes a positive mood and provides an uplifting environment and promotes a positive mood. Use three to four drops in a diffuser.
Lemon essential oil will also help cleanse and purify the air and surfaces in your home. Here is a great diffuser blend to eliminate odors: Add 2 drops of Lemon, 1 drop of Lime, 1 drop of Lavender, and 1 drop of Rosemary to your diffuser.
5. The cleansing and preserving qualities of Lemon make it the perfect oil for maintaining your furniture. You can add a few drops of this essential oil to olive oil, and create your own non-toxic furniture polish at home. When applied to furniture, Lemon essential oil leaves a clean shine, preventing fine wood finishes from drying out.
6. If you like lemon-infused desserts you can add a sweet and zesty punch to your favorite treats and dessert recipes by adding a little Lemon essential oil.
7. Lemon essential oil is a great remedy for the early stages of tarnish on silver and other metals. You can just put a couple drops of this essential oil on a cotton ball, and rub on the tarnish to bring back the natural beauty of your metals.
8. Lemon essential oil holds many cleansing and purifying properties when used topically. It can also be very beneficial when taken internally. You can take it internally to assist with seasonal respiratory discomfort during seasonal changes. Lemon oil can also be taken internally to naturally cleanse the body and aid in digestion. You can dilute one drop on 4 fl. oz. of liquid. I personally like dropping it directly in my mouth. I like the refreshing taste of lemon essential oil.
9. Lemon oil is known to be a non-toxic, natural surface cleaner and disinfectant. To create a homemade spray, dilute Lemon essential oil in a spray bottle filled with water and spray it onto desired areas such as shower walls, windows, wooden furniture, metal surfaces, and countertops, or any dirt and grime. It is a great whiteboard cleaner – add a couple drops to the white board, and wipe away any stains or left over marks. It can also be blended with Tea Tree Oil and diluted in water and vinegar to create a cleaning spray.
10. It can be added to soaps, to create a more effective, fresh and natural hand cleaner. With the help of Lemon essential oil you can get rid of goopy messes without hours of scrubbing or the use of toxic chemicals. It takes off price tags or any stubborn sticky residue easily.
Here is a fun summer diffuser recipe with lemon essential oil:
3 drops Lemon
3 drops Geranium
3 drops Black Spruce
For more diffuser recipes click on the button below.