The Best Oils to Soothe Your Monthly Cycle
It’s that time of the month again. From the early age of 12, some even at 10, females start an arduous cycle called menstruation. Let me work you right through it, this is a normal process when an egg cell is not fertilized. The thick lining of the uterus breaks down and is expelled then, along with blood. In short, menstruation happens when you’re not pregnant. Along with this process comes uncomfortable issues associated with PMS like period cramps caused by prostaglandins that trigger the contractions.
So, with that chaos happening inside a woman’s body, no one would want to add on top of that. There are natural alternatives to soothe the course of your menstrual cycle. Wondering what you can do to help your sisters, friends, and every female you know, to get through the week? Read on!
What You Need:
ClaryCalm® Oil (Monthly Blend for Women). ClaryCalm® Oil is a proprietary blend of essential oils specifically designed to provide a calming and soothing effect. It is a cooling essential oil blend with a floral yet herbaceous scent that is beneficial to the skin, balancing emotions, and a perfect companion in times of discomfort. The cooling effect of ClaryCalm can be helpful when the body starts feeling flushed.
- Rub onto pulse points and over ovaries.
- Apply to calm cramping as needed and avoid sun exposure for 12 hours after application.
- Roll the oil over your skin to help you cool down.
Balance® Oil (Grounding Blend). Balance® Oil is a blend of Spruce, Ho Wood, Frankincense, Blue Tansy, and Blue Chamomile with Fractionated Coconut Oil that creates an enticing fragrance for a relaxing atmosphere. The wood-like aroma of Balance will help you calm your mind, and help you find tranquility. This oil helps ground your emotions so that your whole body can feel completely at ease when you need it most.
- Apply to your wrists or neck.
- Apply Balance® oil to the bottoms of your feet to encourage a restful night’s sleep.
- Drop one or two of Balance® oil to your hands and cup them over your nose, breathing in deeply.
Phytoestrogen Essential Complex. Phytoestrogen Essential Complex is a blend of plant phytoestrogens and whole food extracts that support hormone balance. This supplement also includes a concentrated source of flaxseed lignans, which may help manage the by-products of estrogen metabolism. Estrogen and progesterone are particularly important hormones for women and will influence a woman’s good health and emotional well-being.
Tip: Take 1 capsule 3x daily.
Additional Soothing Support
Clary Sage. The main chemical component of Clary Sage oil is linalyl acetate, which makes it one of the most relaxing, soothing, and balancing essential oils. This also makes Clary Sage an ideal oil for a soothing abdominal massage during the menstruating time frame. Clary Sage oil has a powerful aroma that promotes feelings of balance and relaxation.
- Rub three to five drops of Clary Sage oil on the abdomen for a soothing massage.
- Combine Clary Sage oil with Roman Chamomile essential oil and add to bath water for a stress-relieving bath.
Serenity® Oil (Restful Blend). Serenity essential oil blend helps lessen feelings of tension and calm emotions. This blend can create a perfect escape from intense emotions with its calming and renewing fragrance. The essential oils in this blend are renowned for their ability to create a restful environment. The addition of Cedarwood, Ho Wood, and Vetiver essential oils gives a grounding aroma that encourages a tranquil atmosphere when it’s time to wind down
- Use three to four drops in the diffuser of choice.
- Dilute with a carrier oil and apply one to two drops to desired area.
PastTense® Oil (Tension Blend). PastTense® uses a fresh, cooling aroma that can ease stressful feelings and promote a sense of calm. This fresh and minty blend has a soothing effect that can help you stay centered and grounded. PastTense® provides an aroma of relaxation and tranquility.
- Massage into shoulders, neck, and back for a cooling, soothing sensation.
- Add to temples and back of neck before taking a test or presenting in public.
- Apply to the wrists while traveling for a relaxing aroma.
Continue following this blog for a series of tips that you may find useful not only during your monthly cycles but for women’s health in general! As always, you may send me a message here, follow me at @stresslessoilmore on FB and Instagram, or send an email at email@example.com if you want more information on oils, wellness, and natural solutions!